Embracing Creativity and Resilience: NTNU Frida Kahlo Scholarship for Female PhD Students in Engineering and Technology
Launched in 2023, the NTNU Frida Kahlo Scholarship is a symbol of empowerment for women pursuing PhDs at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU). Named after the famous Mexican artist known for her indomitable spirit and artistic talent, this scholarship honors exceptional women pursuing doctoral degrees in the fields of engineering and technology at NTNU.
Frida Kahlo Advantages:
Funding: The scholarship provides NOK 250,000 (approximately €25,000) per year for a maximum of three years, significantly reducing the financial burden of pursuing a PhD. This allows recipients to fully focus on their research and academic activities without the pressure of financial constraints.
Career Advancement: Studying at NTNU, a world-renowned university for engineering and technology, puts you at the forefront of innovation. Scholarships open doors to collaboration with leading researchers, access to state-of-the-art facilities, and participation in prestigious international conferences, all of which accelerate your career.
Networking Opportunities: As a Farida Kahlo Scholar, you join a vibrant community of talented female researchers at NTNU. It creates a valuable network of support, guidance and collaboration, fostering lifelong connections and career opportunities.
Promoting Gender Equity: The scholarship actively addresses the underrepresentation of women in STEM fields by providing concrete support and encouragement. By investing in their academic success, the program paves the way for a more inclusive and diverse future in engineering and technology.
Celebrating the legacy of Frida Kahlo: Pursuing this scholarship connects you to the spirit of Frida Kahlo, a symbol of resilience, creativity and unwavering determination. Her inspiring story serves as a constant source of inspiration and empowerment throughout your PhD journey.
- Open to female applicants from any country enrolled in a PhD program in engineering or technology at NTNU starting in the fall semester of the next academic year.
- Strong academic record with demonstrated passion for research in engineering or technology.
- Commitment to promoting gender equality and diversity in STEM fields.
- Excellent English language skills (TOEFL or IELTS scores required).
Applications for the NTNU Frida Kahlo Scholarship usually open in October and close in November each year. It is very important to check the university website for the exact deadline for the upcoming academic year.
- Submit your application for a PhD program in engineering or technology at NTNU through the university’s online portal.
- Complete a separate Frieda Kahlo Scholarship application form highlighting your research interests, academic
- achievements, and contributions to promoting gender equality in STEM fields.
- Provide all required supporting documents, including transcripts, standardized test scores, letters of recommendation, a research proposal, and a CV.
- Submit your application before the last date and wait expectantly for the selection process.
The NTNU Frida Kahlo Scholarship is more than just financial aid; It is a recognition of your talent, potential and commitment to creating a more equitable future in engineering and technology. By receiving this prestigious scholarship, you become a beacon for women in STEM, inspiring others to follow their dreams and break barriers.
So, if you are a brilliant female researcher driven by a passion for innovation and inspired by the desire to make a difference, go ahead and apply for the NTNU Frida Kahlo Scholarship. Make your place among the next generation of pioneers shaping the future of your field!
I hope this information, presented within accompanied by a relevant photo, provides a comprehensive overview of the NTNU Frida Kahlo Scholarship. Remember, the deadline is approaching soon, so start preparing your application and start your journey to an innovative and empowering PhD!