Maastricht University Scholarship 2024 – A gateway to higher education in the Netherlands
Start your educational journey in the beautiful Netherlands! Maastricht University Scholarship 2024 offers international students an exceptional opportunity to pursue a master’s degree. This fully funded scholarship not only covers tuition fees but also provides a monthly stipend, making it an attractive prospect for those wishing to study in the Netherlands.
The Maastricht University (UM) NL Scholarship Initiative is proud to offer a total of 24 prestigious scholarships, each worth €30,000. These scholarships cover full tuition fee waiver and include a monthly stipend. Awarded annually to exceptionally talented students from outside the European Union (EU) who have been admitted to a master’s program at UM,
this fully funded scholarship consists of two main components: UM NL Scholarship, Maastricht University Scholarship Funded by the Fund, and the NL Scholarship, in cooperation with the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science, in cooperation with Dutch universities and universities of applied sciences. The Maastricht University Scholarship is designed to help students from non-EU/EEA countries pursue a full degree program in the Netherlands.
Maastricht University (UM) is one of the most internationally diverse institutions in the Netherlands and is constantly expanding with over 16,000 students and 4,000 staff. UM is known for its innovative research, global orientation and multifaceted approach to learning.
Additionally, it prides itself on being a magnet for diversity, attracting students and scholars from around the world to its welcoming campus. The main goal of Maastricht University’s scholarship is a commitment to promote academic excellence and promote intercultural exchange.
This Masters Scholarship in the Netherlands not only provides financial support but also opens doors to the vibrant academic community of Maastricht University. It embodies the University’s dedication to empowering students from diverse backgrounds to achieve their full potential internationally. If you are dreaming of studying in the Netherlands without the financial burden of tuition and fees, then this opportunity is right for you.
Maastricht University offers a wide range of Master’s programs in several faculties.
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
- Research Master’s Degree in European Studies
- European public policies, institutions and governance
- Contemporary Literature and the Arts: Cultural and Social Interventions.
- Master in European Studies: International Relations
- Master in European Studies: Governance and Global Policy Challenges
- Master in Culture of Arts, Science and Technology
- LLM European Law School: Spec. European law and market integration
- LLM European Law School: Spec. European Public Law and Governance
- LLM European Law School: Spec. General program
- LL.M. Forensic, Criminology and Law
- LLM Globalization and Law: Specialisation. Corporate and commercial law
- LLM Globalization and Law: Specialisation. General program
- LLM Globalization and Law: Specialisation. Human rights
- LLM International and European Tax Law: spec. International and European tax law
- LLM International and European Tax Law: spec. Customs and international supply chain
- LLM Globalization and Law: Specialisation. Investment and International Trade Law Tax
- LLM International and European Tax Law: spec. Tax and Technology
- Master in Global Health
- Master in Epidemiology
- Master’s Degree in Work, Health and Careers
- Master in Education and Health Promotion
- Master’s in Human Movement Sciences: Spec. Health and rehabilitation
- Master’s in Human Movement Sciences: Spec. Sports and nutrition
- Master of Biomedical Sciences
To be eligible for the Maastricht University Scholarship 2024, applicants must meet certain criteria:
- Applicants should be below 35 years of age as on 1st September 2024.
- Citizenship of a non-EU/EEA country, Switzerland or Suriname is required, as well as the ability to meet the entry and residence visa requirements for the Netherlands.
- Dual citizenship of an EU/EEA country is not allowed.
- Application is a prerequisite for admission to a full-time master’s program for the academic year 2024-2025 at Maastricht University.
- Applicants must meet the specific admission requirements of their chosen UM master’s program.
- Prior enrollment in a higher education program to obtain a degree in the Netherlands is not permitted.
- However, participation in exchange programs in the Netherlands is acceptable.
- Strong academic performance, supported by academic transcripts or official documentation of academic
- excellence, is critical as the scholarship is highly competitive and only 2% of applicants are selected.