Have you any dream of studying in the United Kingdom for a postgraduate programme? Then apply for the Commonwealth Master’s Scholarship 2023/24 for emerging countries. Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships allow talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for workable development, and are expected of those who could not otherwise have enough money to study in the UK.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO)
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Host Institution(s): UK Universities
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship Benefits (below)
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate (Masters)
Nationality: Commonwealth Countries
Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships 2023/24 | Eligibility Criteria
If you want to be considered for the Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships 2023/24, candidates must fulfill the following criteria:
- Be a native of or have been approved refugee status by a qualified Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently inhabitant in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Be offered to start academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September 2023
- By September 2023, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honors standard, or a second class degree (2:2) and a related postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree)*. The CSC would not usually fund a 2nd UK Master’s degree. If you are applying for a second UK Master’s degree, you will need to offer justification as to why you wish to undertake this study
- Be unable to afford to study in the UK deprived of this scholarship
- Have provided all supporting documentation in the mandatory format.
Check Also: Augustana University Scholarships USA 2023
- Official airfare from your home country to the UK and return at the end of your award (the CSC will not reimburse the cost of fares for charges, nor the charge of journeys made before your award is established)
- Approved tuition fees: full charges are covered by an agreement between the CSC and the UK university, and scholars are not answerable to pay for any part of the tuition fee
- Stipend (living allowance) at the rate of £1,236 monthly, or £1,516 monthly for those at universities in the London metropolitan area (rates quoted at current levels)
- Warm clothing allowance, where relevant
- Thesis grant towards the cost of preparing a thesis or dissertation, where relevant
- Study travel grant towards the charges of study-related travel within the UK or foreign
- If you have children and are widowed, divorced, or a single parent, a child allowance of £529 monthly for the first child, and £131 monthly for the second and third child under the age of 16, if you are attended by your children and they are living with you at the similar address in the UK (rates quoted at present levels)
- If you share that you have a disability, a full calculation of your needs and eligibility for additional financial support will be presented by the CSC.
Check Also: ECMC Foundation USA Scholarships 2023
How-to-Apply: Interested candidates for the Commonwealth Master’s Scholarship 2023/24 are to complete an online application on the CSC’s online application system. Applicants must apply to one of the below recommending agencies as well as to the CSC. Nominating agencies will then put forward applicants to the CSC.
- National nominating agencies– this is the main road of applications.
- Selected non-governmental organizations and charitable bodies.
- Proof that the candidate is a citizen or has refugee status in an eligible Commonwealth country: a copy of a valid passport (or national ID card) showing a photograph, date of birth, and country of citizenship
- Full transcripts detailing all higher education qualifications, as well as to-date transcripts for any courses presently being studied, with certified translations if not in English
- References from at least two persons on institutional letterhead.
Application Deadline: October 18th , 2022 at 16:00 GMT