Cheatham White Scholarship: Pathway to Academic Excellence
The Cheatham White Scholarship is a prestigious opportunity for students seeking a fully funded scholarship that not only covers academic expenses but also promotes academic excellence and community leadership. This scholarship is designed to train bright students with broad interests, allowing them to excel in both the arts and sciences while developing qualities of leadership and community service.
To be eligible for the Cheatham White Scholarship, candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Application for Admission: Applicants must first submit an application for admission as a first-year freshman for the fall semester pursuing a baccalaureate program at North Carolina A&T.
- Honors College Application: Candidates must submit an Honors College application, which must include a school or self-approved nomination.
- High School Graduation: Candidates must graduate from high school in the spring semester prior to entering college.
- Academic Achievement: To be eligible, students must maintain a minimum cumulative weighted GPA of 4.00 or higher.
- Standardized Test Scores: Candidates must achieve a minimum academic test score of 1280 on the SAT or 28 on the ACT (although test scores are optional).
- Character and Leadership: Students must demonstrate outstanding qualities of character and leadership.
- Extracurricular Participation: Active participation in extracurricular activities is a key criterion for selection.
- Commitment to Service: Candidates must exemplify a strong commitment to community service.
For students receiving Cheatham White Scholarship, maintaining excellence is key. Recipients are expected to:
- Maintain Academic Excellence: Students must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 annually.
- Full-time Enrollment: Scholarship holders must be enrolled as full-time students each semester, accumulating at least 30 credit hours per academic year.
- Active Engagement: Scholarship recipients are encouraged to maintain their membership in the Honors College and actively participate in its programs and activities.
The application process for the Chatham White Scholarship includes the following steps:
- High School Nomination: High school administrators, including principals, assistant principals, or guidance counselors, select eligible students for scholarships.
- Nomination Selection: After students are selected by high school administrators, they proceed to the nomination stage.
- Nomination Form: Nomination forms will be available on 15th August 2023.
- Nomination Deadline: The last date for nomination form is 1st November 2023.
- Scholarship Application: Chatham White application materials must be submitted by December 1, 2023.
- Finalist Notification: By January 5, 2024, applicants will be notified if they are selected to continue as a finalist.
- Finalist Interviews: Finalist interviews will be held as part of Eagle Scholars Day in February 2024 (date to be determined).
- Notification of Final Status: All applicants will be notified of their final status by March 1, 2024.
North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University (NCAT) offers full scholarships to reflect the alumni association’s commitment to supporting the admission of high-caliber students. These scholarships provide a comprehensive set of benefits, including:
Tuition and Fees: Full scholarships cover tuition, including related fees.
Accommodation and Meals: The scholarship covers accommodation and meal expenses.
Cost of Books: The cost of books necessary for the academic activities of the students is also included.
Four-Year Coverage: Scholarship recipients can enjoy these benefits for the entire duration of their four-year degree programs.
To avail this scholarship, students need to meet certain eligibility criteria and apply following the specified application procedure. This is a wonderful opportunity for deserving students to complete their education with financial support.
The NCCU Honors Program recognizes and rewards excellence through distinctions such as:
Summa Cum Laude: Scholarship recipients must maintain an average GPA of 3.50 or higher at graduation.
Magna Cum Laude: This distinction is awarded to students who maintain an average GPA of 3.30 to 3.49 or higher at graduation
Come Loud: Scholarship awards are available to students who maintain an average GPA of 3.00 to 3.29 or higher at the time of graduation.
For first-year students, applying to the CU Honors Program is a streamlined process, requiring no additional application. Eligible students will automatically receive a scholarship based on their academic performance. to be