Bristol Masters Scholarship 2024
The Bristol Masters Scholarship is a program that provides financial support to talented local students with an enhanced participation experience to pursue postgraduate studies at the University of Bristol. The scholarship covers tuition fees and is open to students who have applied to study a full-time Masters program (MA, MSc or MRes) at the University of Bristol from next autumn.
Recipients of the Bristol Masters Scholarship will receive 50 awards of £2,000 each, paid directly to the student in two payments. The scholarship covers tuition fees and successful applicants will enroll on a one-year full-time postgraduate program at the University of Bristol. Successful applicants may also enroll in a full-time two-year postgraduate programme, but the scholarship will only apply to the first year of study.
To be eligible for a Bristol Masters Scholarship, applicants must:
- Have applied to study a full-time Masters program (MA, MSc or MRes) at the University of Bristol from next autumn.
- Eligible for home tuition rates.
- Already hold (or intend to do) a 2:1 degree
- Meet one or more of the university’s increasingly broad participation standards.
To apply for a Bristol Masters Scholarship, applicants must:
- Complete an online application form.
- Submit a personal statement.
- Provide proof of financial need or hardship.
- Provide proof of refugee/asylee status (if applicable)
Students are shortlisted for the Bristol Masters Scholarship based on their financial need/hardship and refugee/asylum status. The selection committee will then consider the following factors.
- Academic achievement
- Leadership ability
- Commitment to community service
- Personal qualities such as emotional maturity, motivation and persistence.
For more information on the Bristol Masters Scholarship, visit the University of Bristol website.
To be eligible for a Bristol Masters Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Nationality: All International
- Gender: Applicable to all genders
- Delivery Mode: All types of delivery mode
- Selection Focus: All eligible students
- Mode of Study: Full Time
- Year of Admission: All Admissions
Academic excellence: Applicants should demonstrate a strong academic record and have (or are expected to) have obtained a 2:1 degree.
Expanded Participation: Applicants must meet one or more of the university’s expanded participation criteria, such as being from a low-income family, being the first in their family to attend college, or having a disability.
Course Subject and Level of Study: The scholarship is not subject specific and is open to students applying to postgraduate programs (MA, MSc or MRes) at the University of Bristol.
Recipients of the Bristol Masters Scholarship will receive a generous award of £2,000, paid directly to the student in two payments. This financial aid significantly reduces the financial burden of postgraduate studies and allows scholars to focus on their academic pursuits without any worries.
The application process for the Bristol Masters Scholarship is simple and can be completed online. Applicants must submit the following documents.
- Completed application form
- Personal statement
- Evidence of financial need or hardship
- Proof of refugee/asylum status (if applicable)
The deadline for Bristol Masters Scholarship applications is usually in the spring of each year. Annual deadlines are announced on the University of Bristol website.
A selection committee reviews applications and shortlists candidates based on financial need/hardship and refugee/asylee status. The committee then considers factors such as academic achievement, leadership potential, commitment to community service and personal qualities to select the most deserving recipients.
The Bristol Masters Scholarship is a valuable opportunity for talented students from under-represented groups to pursue their postgraduate studies at a world-renowned university. The scholarship provides financial support, encourages academic excellence, and promotes diversity among graduate students. If you meet the eligibility criteria and are considering pursuing postgraduate studies at the University of Bristol, we strongly recommend that you apply for this prestigious scholarship.